This company is a labor of love, created by one couple, continued by family, and supported by a group of employees who share the same vision. Our values have remained constant for more than 40 years. And our commitment to integrity, hard work, stewardship, along with a desire to serve others, enable us to enrich lives.
We achieve true success when we positively impact our employees and partners, customers and guests, vendors and suppliers, and the communities around us. As we prosper in business, we have an obligation to enrich lives and to make the world a better place.
Our company’s success is based on personal growth and continuous improvement. We believe work should be productive, worth while and fun. If we enjoy what we do, we’ll perform better and customers will take notice. We will strive to be the best place in town to work and the best place in town to do business.
Integrity is the foundation of all things successful. It defines our behavior and all of our actions and interactions. Trust, both in business and in our personal lives, is built on integrity. Take the high road in all your decisions. Do the right thing and both your personal and professional ascent will continue.
• Honor your word.
• Do the right thing simply because it’s right.
• Be someone that co-workers, customers and communities can count on.
Hard work is a commitment to excellence. It’s about applying fundamental disciplines consistently. As we do so, we get better every day. Put your heart into your work, however challenging the obstacles or however steep the way. True satisfaction comes not just in finishing, but in exerting sincere effort.
• Make good things happen by giving your best effort.
• Learn what you can. Teach what you know.
• Never give up on pursuing your goals and realizing your potential.
We have been entrusted with resources and responsibility, and it is our duty to make the best use of them. When we do, we are rewarded.
• Be responsible and accountable. Like a gardener nurturing older trees while planting new ones, we should preserve and grow the base within our sphere of responsibility.
• Grow and enhance the resources entrusted to us.
• Protect, preserve and sustain those resources for future generations.
When we serve others, we build bridges where they didn’t exist before. No true act of service, however small, is ever wasted. Working together, we can give of ourselves and support others in ways that fill dark, stormy skies with the sunshine of hope.
• See each transaction and interaction as a chance to bless lives.
• Look for opportunities to make a difference.
• Find ways to make the ordinary extraordinary.
Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the company.
Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
Have a little fun. Make a little money. Take care of the customer.
Remember, our business is a means to an end.
Go about doing good until there’s too much good in the world.
The 2019 Who We Are presentation was all about our Guiding Principles.
A favorite story of Larry H. Miller, the 1958 Reader's Digest article by Richard Thurman, "The Countess and the Impossible," explores what it means to be the best no matter what the job or task involves.
Who We Are - Our Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
Be the Best - A pictorial retelling of "The Countess and the Impossible."
History in the Making - A comprehensive overview of the history and timeline of the LHM Group.
Contact us to request print or digital copies.